SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jakabedy_gw

Please vote for our cork -- we're stumped (ha!)

jakabedy
15 years ago

Our plan is to pull out the nasty carpet in the LR, DR, two small halls and two of the bedrooms and put down cork. I'm still coming to terms with the (in my perception) clunky trim pieces that will be required and may yet scuttle the whole thing. But we need to pick a winner (or top contenders) so we can get quotes.

Here's a reminder of the big room -- the cork areas will be on either end in the symmetrical areas where you see the white carpet now, and also in the short halls you can see in the panelling photo:

Our challenge is all of the different finishes and tones in the house (which we won't be changing). You can see in the photo the brick on the kitchen island, the dark beams, the medium tone pine ceiling. I've put the samples on the brown pavers, and on the wll panelling, which they will abut.

These are our four finalists. I think we would be happy with any of these four. Oh, and there will be area rugs used also, under the dining table and in the main seating area in the LR. Those haven't been picked yet, but I'm not tied to anything -- I'll get them to work with the cork and everything else -- probably a neutral shag or tonal wool of some kind.

So, since DH and I have been staring at these things all week (the reject pile is bigger than these four, so at least we've accomplished something), please help draw attention to anything we may have overlooked. Thank you!

Against the wall: A-B-C-D

{{!gwi}}

On the avers, clockwise from top left: A-B-C-D

{{!gwi}}

Close ups of the pattern:

A:

{{!gwi}}

B:

{{!gwi}}

C:

{{!gwi}}

D: