SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frankieto

In Counter Compost

frankieto
11 years ago

Hello

I am almost at the point where I can finalize the details of my new kitchen before the renovations starts. Before I met with the KD, I created a list of Must Haves and a list of Nice to Have for my new kitchen. On my list of Must Haves was the In-Counter Compost unit by Blanco.

I did my homework and know the specs but I want to know the following from anyone who already has the Blanco In-Counter Compost Unit.

1. Where on your counter do you have the unit placed?
2. I want to place it in a corner on the countertop (dead corner) but the concern I have is that there will be a corner storage unit under the compost unit in a cabinet. How much will the unit interfere with any items in the corner storage unit?
3. Are you able to fit a compost bag on the Blanco pail and put the kitchen waste in the bag? The photos of the Blanco that I have seen only show the pail full of kitchen waste, no bag present. If I put a compost bag on the pail will it be visible on the counter? Currently I put my kitchen waste in a compost bag which is in my small compost bin behind a cabinet.

And finally, if you have one, are you still happy with the decision to put one in your kitchen?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and sorry for so many questions.

Comments (26)