SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo_in_ar

I finished my 2nd quilt a couple of weeks ago....3 pix

FlamingO in AR
14 years ago

and thought maybe you'd like to see it.

It started out as something entirely different, a railfence quilt, using about 40 different bright colored fabrics for the 2.5" strips. I hated it, it was too chaotic, so I've been tearing the blocks apart (all 42 of them, ugh) and I decided to make it into a stacked coin quilt. It took a while and lot more different fabrics but I came up with this. Since I "made lemonade out of lemons" I backed it with lemon fabric and gave it a lime green binding after FMQ'ing it with a stipple pattern. 16 bobbins later, it was done. It measures 63" x 82". That's about as large a quilt as I ever want to work on, I really dislike wrestling fabric under the presser foot area. I did learn something, though, right after I quilted it- I hear that it's easier to quilt if you turn your machine so it's at a right angle to how you would normally use it. I'm going to try that really soon.

Our new kitten, Nosey Parker, likes it a lot, she tears around on it and under it and thinks it's hers.

Now I've just started a zigzag quilt- there's a quilt along if anyone wants to join in over at Flickr. It's so much fun to see what everyone else is making theirs with and seeing how different a look you get when you lay things out differently and use different fabrics. (I go by FlossieBlossoms over there.)

Here is a link that might be useful: ZigZag quilt-along.... started yesterday, lots of time to join in. ..

Comments (24)