SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
san__gw

RECIPE: Basil Fettucine w/ green beans, walnuts & creme fraiche

17 years ago

tried out a new recipe last night & thought you folks might be interested in a vegetarian main course dish. i bought fresh pasta and used both green beans and asparagus in it and based on personal preferences, the next time i make it i will use lemon zest in place of the red pepper flakes. (i also think peas and a little mint would work well--room for lots of possibilities...)

Basil Fettucine with Green Beans, Walnuts & Crème Fraiche (The Greens Cookbook from Marcia/Colo Lady)

1 batch of fresh herb pasta made with 4 tsp chopped basil (page 155)

1 # small green beans, trimmed

½ C walnuts

3 T butter

4 shallots, finely chopped

½ C basil leaves, shredded

2 cloves chopped garlic

salt

1 ½ C summer vegetable stock (page 64) or water

1 ½ C crème fraiche

pepper

red pepper chili flakes (lemon zest???)

parmesan

Prepare the pasta dough and let it rest. Roll it out and cut it into strips about ½" wide. Bring water to a boil.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Chop the walnuts into fairly fine pieces and toast them in the oven for 5 minutes.

Melt the butter in a skillet; add the shallots and cook over medium low heat for 1 minutes. Add 2 T of basil, the garlic, a sprinkling of salt and 1 ½ C of stock or water. Cook over medium heat until the shallots are soft; then stir in the crème fraiche and cook until slightly thickened. Season with s & p and red pepper chili flakes (lemon???).

When the pasta water has boiled, add salt and cook the beans for 2 to 3 minutes or just barely tender. Scoop them out and add them to the shallots and crème. Cook the pasta and then scoop it out, adding it to the pan along with the rest of the basil leaves.

Toss well and add the walnuts, tossing again. Garnish with parmesan and serve.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths