SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debinnh

Show me your lights! (and granite counters...)

debinnh
14 years ago

I am late to the forum (ha ha) and have made some decisions without you as a result. We have ordered our cabinets already (Kemper Provence in Whiskey Black with oil rubbed hardware) and selected our appliances:

Keeping: Samsung SxS refrig and Maytag DW (both white)

Bought: Bosch 500 built in single oven and Bosch micro/conv combo built in, both in white. Broan Allure QS130 hood in white (may up to QA230, still have time before they ship), and KitchenAid 30" gas cooktop in stainless.

Sink: SS bowl and a half under counter with a Delta Pavilion faucet in oil rubbed bronze.

The layout will be almost the same as below, with the fridge enclosed and the wall oven cabinet where the microwave is, but the cabinets will extend all the way to the door. The main section of cabinets will go to the ceiling, but the side bar will not. The center side bar cabinet on the top will be deeper than the two glass cabinets and a 3" message center cabinet will be attached to the right end of the side bar upper cabinets. The lower sidebar will be 21" drawers/wine fridge/18"base/18" base with roll outs. The island counter will extend to allow for seating on the side as well as the back. The island will have one large two door cabinet with a large drawer, and an 18" base with roll outs. The cooktop will go where the range is now with a 30" base with roll outs. In between the DW and the oven cabinet will be an 18' cabinet with single garbage bin.

The tile floor is staying.

So now for your help: Could you show me what pendant lights you have? I am deciding between a bell shape (ie Hunter Wynwood), a bowl shape (Hunter Hamilton) or a wide bowl shape (Progress Pavilion) with three over the island and two over the sink and a matching 3 light chandelier over the kitchen table (which will be replaced, but I don't know with what yet). We are getting recessed lighting in the work area of the kitchen. I am not getting undercabinet lighting.

Cabinet hardware: all pulls or knobs on the doors and pulls on the drawers? We have all pulls now, so DH thinks we have to stick with that, but I like the look of the knobs/pulls combo. Is it practical?

And for the big question. Any granite suggestions?

thanks! Deb

Here is my current kitchen, ie the "before" pictures:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville