SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peace_rose_gw

Need help...don't know where to start!

peace_rose
12 years ago

We've been doing a massive home reno for the past 18 months and I'm starting over. I need help decorating my living room and entry way - choosing fabrics, curtains, wall art and upholstery. I like cottage style (what you see in Better Homes and Gardens, Pottery Barn, Country Living, etc). I guess I would like it to look like it's been decorated over time rather than one trip to Bed Bath & Beyond. :)

We painted the living room a light tan (BM Monroe Bisque). The couch is a brownish green. These are non-negotiable (ie, won't be changing them). I bought 2 used pinkish wingback chairs with the hopes to re-upholster. Here are some pictures:

Some random thoughts:

- I'm considering hanging the afghan like a tapestry on the big bare wall - sort of an Americana folkish theme. I'm thinking of letting that afghan be my inspiration piece for the room. I'm typically not shy of color....I've left the background neutral so that I can add pops of color here and there.

- I'm not crazy about the rug. Would consider a braided oval/round rug

- The entryway (perpendicular to the LR) needs a cushion on the bench. I would like to coordinate it with the curtains/upholstery in the LR

- Considering 96" curtains on either side of the large window behind the couch, on a large curtain rod spanning the width of the room

- What about side tables next to the wingback chairs?

I would like to get my fabric from JoAnn Fabrics or Hancocks if possible. I can sew and re-upholster the pink wingback chairs myself. Other than that I feel overwhelmed and need some direction. So any and all feedback will be most appreciated!

Comments (5)