SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azzalea_gw

Whew!!! At least That's Over

azzalea
11 years ago

Movers were supposed to be at the house between 8 and 8:30 this morning. I sort of expected them to be late (isn't everyone any more?) I'd figured on shutting the cats up each in a different closet (no--I'm not being cruel, my closets are about 4 X 8, and have windows--much better than being cooped up in a crate) at about 7:45 so they wouldn't be underfoot. Well, the moving truck pulled up before I even got to that!

They were amazing. Loaded up everything (very carefully) in about an hour. We pulled out before they did, and made excellant time getting to the country house--about 50 minutes, and they were sitting there waiting for us! Still don't know how they managed that!

Only took them about 45 minutes to unload and place everything exactly where I wanted it. They were great--hardworking, careful, fast, and relatively reasonable.

As far as I can see, we only had one casualty. My mother's secretary lost it's finial (again--it falls off every time it gets moved and DH glues it back) and a shelf inside pulled away. Both can be easily fixed. DH's Grandfather's clock was the thing I was worried about and it seems fine.

So now we're back at the 'old' house, ready to start a heavy-duty cleaning, and will be living with: a matress and box spring, couple of folding chairs, card table and a cooler for the next two weeks. Feel bad for the cats--they simply don't know what happened to their house this morning. Keep wandering around, looking displaced. Poor babies.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville