SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deedles_gw

Copper or zinc? Which one do you like better?

deedles
11 years ago

Still farting around with finishing touches and decided to explore the possibility of DIY countertops. Cost is a factor and although I do really like the dreamy marfil Caeserstone, my gut tells me that it will be more than a couple bucks. So. Loving Circuspeanut's copper counter and Angie's copper fridge led me to think about a DIY countertop.

The chunk of counter & BS on the left of the stove is supposed to represent zinc and to the right is obviously copper. Plus I have the copper apron sink with the patina on the front. Would a copper counter be too much of a good thing? DH likes the copper because it's warmer vs. the cooler zinc. I like both but am not sure if I'd be either overkilling the copper or messing it up with another metal (chrome stove top, SS fridge).

There will be a copper sheet on the wall behind the stove and range hood for sure, so that's a done deal.

AND.... I hope that this kitchen remodel will be starting in the next month too!! We're getting really close to the tear out and that's feeling kinda exciting. I sent a letter to the Amish folks that did Badgergals lovely curvy kitchen and am waiting to hear back from them. A lady that I work with had the exact same people do her cabs and I just stopped over there today to check them out.. very nice. She got a great price, too.

Anyway... copper or zinc or neither? Thoughts?

Comments (10)