SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
victoriajane_gw

which range hood do you like better

victoriajane
15 years ago

These are my top choices for a wall hood over my 36" American Range (stainless steel, pro-style.) Both hoods are vent-a-hood. The first one is a pale version of my favorite, but out of my price range, hood, the Canterbury from Rangecraft. This hood would fit snugly between a bank of cabinets on either side (aka my "hutch-like" cabinets that I have carried on about in various threads). There would be stacked cabinets above this hood as well as above the cabs on either side (I'm thinking the cabs above the hood would be closed.) Then molding to the ceiling. The second hood (sorry the photo is so small) is a very contemporary look, but I thought it might work with my "vintage with a hint of industrial" theme. (Note that this photo shows the 2" lip in brass; mine would be mirror stainless steel.) This hood would also go between two banks of cabinets, but with no cabinet overhead; rather the duct would go straight up to the ceiling. Also in this case I would carry the subway tile backsplash all the way up the wall behind the hood. I am very torn. The second one, I think, is a little different and interesting, and I like the shiny exposed duct. On the other hand, I like the way the first fits neatly into the wall cabinet design, allowing for a single, uninterrupted line of stacked cabinets across the stove wall. Opinions, please?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES