SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccinga

Time to Share My Inspiration Pics

ccinga
16 years ago

I have been collecting inspiration photos for almost three years. I have decided it is time to share some of them. For the most part, these are from multi-million dollar homes. Believe me, I do not live in a multi-million dollar home. But, there are details that can be scaled down and incorporated into our DIY renovation.

We were to begin our project last fall ... but nature caused us to delay. The drought in North Georgia brought about water use restrictions. My DH has a company that was impacted by this. No money in ... meant no money out ... meant no renovation. Now waivers have been given to certain areas of water usage and we have the opposite reason for delay ... too much work means no time to DIY. We are hoping to begin our project in August to be completed by the holidays.

During this hiatus, I have been drooling over the photos in my inspiration album. I thought maybe some of you would enjoy seeing the collection. I may have one or two that I have saved from the kitchen forum or hgtv. If you recognize yours, please accept it as a compliment. If you would like for me to remove it, please let me know. BTW Alison0704, your kitchen is one of my favorites, but, I will not post it.

This is my favorite kitchen from the hundreds of photos I have collected.

I'm not sure what draws me to it ... everything about it contradicts what I like. It has white cabinets ... I like stained. It has tile floors ... I like wood. It has white backsplash tiles ... I like warmer colors. BUT ... I love the crown molding. I love the stove surround and over-mantle. I love the contrasting finish on the island. I love the thick, fat island legs. I love the lighting and the semi-coffered ceiling. I guess I just figured out what draws me to this kitchen ... the details.

I think I could spend the rest of my life in this room and be as happy as "a bug in a rug". Does any of it inspire you?

CC

Comments (42)