SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

Rain, rain, go away

chisue
13 years ago

This is no way to start the day!

There was thunder, lightning and heavy rain here from the time I went to bed last night until about nine this morning. At a little after 5 a.m. I heard the ejector pump alarm. So did our Westie, who is freaked by loud noises like that. He's crying and hurling himself at the back door to get away from the sound, so I have to calm him before going to the basement.

Water was coming over the top of the foundation in two places and rising high enough in the ejector pump to set off the alarm. It was no real problem since our basement is unfinished, and the sump was working fine.

The creek that runs alongside our lot was raging all morning. Our street was flooded well up into our driveway. A car got stuck on a neighboring street where there's a low place in the road. Hwy. 41 (northern extension of the Edens) was closed in two places where there are viaducts due to flooding.

Now the sun's trying to break through the overcast and the temp is rising. We're on the edge of two fronts (hot/cold) and may have more wet 'fun' later today. (Hail? High winds? More rain?)

Given what's happening in other places this is a piece of cake, but I don't have to like it.

Comments (9)