SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cosmomilkshake

need opinions - cabinet color - gray or white

cosmomilkshake
15 years ago

Seeking some opinions as I cannot seem to make up my mind.

My kitchen is about 80 % complete. It has an L shaped left hand side with a run of black shaker style cabinets (see pics). Hardware is polished nickel and the counter tops are white statuary marble. Floors are maple.

(sorry, these pics don't have the stainless steel work table in them....that is 7ft long inplace of the small lack island in these pics...in one of these pics you can just see the edge of the brown refrig on the right which is where the cabinets in question are going.)

In the middle of the kitchen there is a 7 ft long stainless steel work table.

We are finally getting around to finishing the right hand wall of the kitchen...which is where my question comes in. we are having an 11 ft run ofcabinets build. $ feet with be a paneled refrigerator and then 7 feet with be a hutch until to serve as a pantry. It will have six drawers on bottom , a walnut countertop and then a stepped back top which will run to the ceiling and be finished with a 5 inch crown. The middle section (42 inch) of the top with have closed doors which sit on the walnut top. The side portions of the top will have leaded glass inserts (old sidelights that came out of an old farmhouse) which will also sit on the countertops. They will have glass shelves and be lit from the top.

My main questions is whether to paint the hutch white or grey. the walls of the kitchen are grey - benjamin moore revere pewter ( HC 172 to be exact). The grey would match the veining in the counter tops and also tie in the black?

White would be crisp and clean.

Any thoughts?

Also, considering painting the inside of the leaded glass cabinets a different color for interest...any suggestions - I am considering a wedgewood blue or a dusty rose/antiqued weathered pinky shade.

Thanks!

Janice

Comments (13)