SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Farrow and Ball Stone White vs French Gray: pics, opinions?

Sueb20
12 years ago

I have looked at umpteen paint colors for my kitchen/family room. The trick is that our trim is painted Natural Wicker (OC-1) and our kitchen cabinets are maybe a hair darker than the trim color. Walls now are BM Cheyenne Green, which looks good and has worked well with the trim/cabinet colors, but I'm trying to back off the green a bit and get a bit more neutral. But not beige or brown. So I ventured into the land of F&B and at the moment, have large samples of these two colors in front of me. In the dreary light from the rain and time of day, French Gray looks a lot like Cheyenne Green! Or wait, maybe that's the Stone White. They're all starting to look alike. I'd love feedback from any F&B aficionados.

Also looking at BM Fieldstone which, when propped up against my Cheyenne wall, looks a bit lighter, maybe a little grayer and bluer. At least in this light.

We have a lot of artwork in this space, and fairly colorful furnishings (patterned rug, dark red leather sofa, dark blue chair on the way, green counters), so my goal this time is a wall color that is fabulous but is more of a backdrop for these other colors.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!