SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biwako_of_abi

What's the most you would pay for fabric?

biwako_of_abi
16 years ago

Recently I was horrified to hear about prices of $14 at JoAnn's. Fortunately, in my area at least, most of their fabrics are still reasonable.

I went to JoAnn's today to buy more unbleached muslin at $1.99 a yd. and noticed that there was a sign in one section saying that the prices ran from $x to $14-something (I forget exactly.) It was a shock to see that 14, even though I actually looking for it. I asked the lady who cut my fabric what on earth could be that expensive, because I had checked a few bolts and they all said less than that, and she said it was the price of certain novelty fabrics, Well, I wouldn't want to pay that much, not even for a Laurel Burch! (Oh, OK, I admit that if it were a fantastically beautiful and funny cat fabric, I might spend enough for 1/4 yd., but it would certainly go "against my principles." lol. I even go to Rosie's, which is about 10 miles or more farther away than the local shop, because the prices there are at least a dollar less per yard. Besides, high prices and JoAnn's just don't seem to go together!

So can any of you envision a fabric so fabulous that you would pay over $14 for a yard of it? Do you suppose the maker is just testing the waters to see how much he can get out of us?

Comments (33)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz