SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crrand

How much to charge? What would you pay?

crrand
17 years ago

I enjoy growing different varieties of tomatoes and peppers from seeds. I hate to kill any of my babies and as a result I usually have way too many plants than I will ever use. This year I hope to sell the surplus in a garage sale this Friday and Saturday. I'd like to charge a price that will be sure to sell, but also would like to recoup my potting soil and seed costs. My time is a labor of love. I have 9 varieties of heirloom tomatoes, most of them early varieties from Russia. 3 types of hybrid tomatoes that perform really well for me. Most of the peppers are hybrid, 4 varieties sweet and 4 varieties hot. Herbs are basil, parsley and tarragon. The tomatoes and peppers are in 3.5" to 5" pots. Tomatoes are about 8" tall and peppers are about 6" tall. Herbs are in 2" dixie cups. My question is; what should I charge and if you saw seedlings at a rummage sale, what would you pay? I've seen the standard early girl and better boy for $2.50 for a 4" pot in the grocery and big-box stores. The local nursery that is 10 miles out of town has heirlooms for $1.00 each, but I don't know what size they are. I listed heirloom tomato plants, pepper plants and herbs as the first items in my ad. I'd sell the herbs for a quarter. Do you think the other plants would go for a dollar? more?

Thanks,

Chris

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus