SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edlakin

36' single-bowl shaw's sink--who's got one?

edlakin
16 years ago

Hi all,

Well, despite all my careful planning, I think I done screwed up.

We are installing cabinets now in our kitchen and my shaw's 36" single-bowl farm sink arrived yesterday. I opened up the box to check it and make sure it was right and....IT'S HUGE.

I am, apparently, an idiot. We had the same sink, but in the 30" size in our last kitchen and loved it. We wanted to get the same one again and I, for some reason, thought we had the 36" one. Didn't check, didn't think it through. Just ordered it up. DUH....!

So now this huge three-foot bathtub of a sink is sitting in my garage and we're at a loss. We have a 36" sink base and we can use it with either a 30" or 36" sink, so that's not a big deal.

If I return the 36"-er and swap it for a 30", I'll have to pay a 25% restocking fee. If I keep the beast, I'm going to have to re-think my faucet, since the one I have now won't reach into the corners of that thing.

Our plan is to set the big sink onto the base once it's reinforced and all the cabinets are set, so we can get a feel for what it will look like in the room.

This is not a huge kitchen. About 15x15, and I'm afraid the 36" sink will overwhelm the room.

Anyone have one of these? How's it feel? Do you love it or do you think it's too big? What faucet do you have and how does it function with the sheer voluminous space of this thing?

Thanks in advance for your wonderful advice!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH