SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimiko232_gw

What should I do with this table and chairs?

15 years ago

Hi Everyone. I'm hoping that someone here could tell me what to do with this table and chair set.

They do not match. The table is a veneered walnut table from Marshall Field's. It has some dents and such to make it look older. And, the chairs are a CL find I bought for 75.00. They came from kittles and are white with a little antiquing and speckling in a greyish tone.

I want them to look like they belong together. I was thinking of painting the chairs black (getting new fabric) and painting the bottom of the table black to match. As you can see from the pix, the bottom of the table has some weirdness happening to the legs. I guess that the stain didn't adhere well and has this weird whitish effects to it.

I also have some bar stools in mahogany. I was thinking of painting them to match too. Or, just leaving the seat wood and painting everything else. I was planning on distressing everything a little. Normally, I like everything to be different tones, but in my house it seems a little off for some reason.

What do you think? Should I do it or should I just paint the chairs? I'd like all of them to looks like they somewhat go togther. Or, if you can think of anything else... any suggestions would be appreciated. (BTW, was hoping to paint our pickled maple cabs white.) Will be posting info on those in the kitch section.

Thanks again!!!

Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: Pix

Comments (4)