SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toolgranny

The 'lets introduce outselves' chain from May

toolgranny
16 years ago

I just found the introduction series and enjoyed reading it all. So much in common. But, it's probably too late to tack onto the bottom of that now.

I am a newbie here, not new to quilting. I just love all of the discussions I see. So, I'll be hooked to this site as I am hooked to quilting. It's keeping me sane. I really believe a person can't have too much fabric and it's amazing how much I've found at garage and estate sales.

I don't understand the retreats, groups, organizational things I'm seeing mentioned. How does one start getting into retreats and birthday groups?

Introduction wise: I am 66, now retired, live in a large house taking care of husband and elderly blind uncle with two more elderly near by. Out of pure boredom I started watching Alex Anderson on TV once I moved in here and had cable and since I live near her, took a class she taught. Then I jumped in and took more classes, bought books and went to any show I could get to easily. I live near San Francisco so there are many shops and sources around me.

I have sewed since a child so it was easy to take it up. I use deceased aunt's old Kenmore and grandma's Elna. I gave my Singer to a granddaughter. We have 11 grandchildren but none local. I fly to see them in Oregon, Las Cruces, NM, and Boulder, CO.

I so enjoy reading about all of you. Just getting female conversation again is so refreshing.

Linda

Comments (31)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH