SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mistydatn

Holy Moly! Laminate costs almost as much as granite!!

mistydatn
12 years ago

Well...I got the laminate estimate from Home Depot. OMG!!! Who would have thought that it would be only $250 more to do my kitchen and baths in granite. The local granite fabricator gave me a good price evidentally. Talk about a shocker. That HD quote is with them installing the laminate for us. It is much cheaper if we DIY, but we are not very handy and I am really nervous about getting the measurements wrong and it looking awful. So much for saving money:(

It is going to cost over a thousand dollars to do just my laundry room in laminate. I did not get a quote for granite in there because I just figured we'd do something "cheap" in there...but apparently there are NO cheap options.

I really am at my wits end. We have gone over budget by a large margin and really needed to save some money on countertops but it isn't happening. The lady at the granite place told me that she gave me the lowest bid she has ever given anyone. I am not sure if that is true but to be that close to laminate, she must have.

If I still have my mind at the end of May...it will be a miracle;)

Just needed to vent....Thanks!

Comments (25)