SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colo_lady

RECIPE: Macadamia Nut Chicken w/Orange Sauce

colo_lady
18 years ago

If you like chicken, you will love this Macadamia Nut Chicken. This is an old standby for company - always a hit. I found this recipe a million years ago and can't remember the source.

I get the boneless skinless chicken breasts that come already thin or you can take regular boneless skinless chicken breasts and beat them with the dull edge of a chef's knife until about 1/3 inch thick.

coarsely grind some macadamia nuts, place in a pie tin with some bread crumbs

beat 1 egg and 2 Tbsp of milk in a separate pie tin

Melt 1 Tbsp of butter in a large frypan and add 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil (not olive) over medium high heat. Dip breasts in egg/milk mixture, then dredge in crumbs/nuts mixture. Place breasts in pan. Cook uncovered over medium high heat for about 4-5 minutes, then flip over and reduce heat to low, cover and cook breasts an additional 5 minutes. Place in a warming pan while frying another batch, if you have more breasts.

{{!gwi}}

When last breast is removed from pan, deglaze pan with 1 cup orange juice and 1 cup chicken broth. Boil and reduce liquid by almost half, then add butter and continue to cook until sauce thickens (here is what I do instead - I turn the heat down, mix a bit of cornstarch with water and add to pan instead of butter - this recipe works very well with cornstarch - the butter method is more fattening and takes too long). note: I usually double the sauce recipe because I'm a sauce freak.

{{!gwi}}

Pour sauce over chicken (and jasmine rice or other rice pilaf). Enjoy!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals