SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mountain_lady

Ugh what do I need to make a quilt?

mountain_lady
11 years ago

I am so lost of what I will need to make this work. I have NEVER in my life picked up a needle and tried to sew anything. I have never played with this kind of craft.

I have been a stay at home mom for the last 19 yrs. make long story short, my kids are gone on their owns and I am bored. My husband don't believe woman should work outside the home. So I havent had a job in almost 20 yrs. My place is home with my family caring for our home. Other then with just the 2 of us there isnt much for me to do. So I got a wild hair and thought I would really like to make a blanket for our bed. I know that I dont have the skill yet to do a big blanket yet so thought, Hmmm I will quit some sofa pillows.

I bought less then a yard and came home. cut out some blocks and started hand sewing them together. 1st 2 rows looked great. put it away came back to it. cut more and started sewing. Went to put them together and the 2nd ones I cut are smaller then the 1st ones. What are things that I will Need to make this work. I am asking you all because the town we live by dont have a craft store and where I got my stuff to start this the kid who cut my stuff had No idea what I was talking about.

thanks again

Comments (26)