SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
honeychurch_gw

help with location of cookie sheets and trash

honeychurch
14 years ago

My kitchen is a U. (Sorry no picture.) Tentatively layed out like this (read in one continuous sweep):

Top left of U heading toward bottom:

Refrigerator

counters for small appliances

Bottom of U:

Trash pullout

sink

DW

Other side of U from bottom to top:

prep area

cooktop

double ovens

Options for cookie sheet storage:

A) base cabinet with dividers next to cooktop under prep area.

B) cabinet with dividers above double ovens. (We are a tall family so not a big deal.)

Options for trash pullout:

1) to right of sink. Pros: near sink, near refrigerator, out of major traffic pattern when I am cooking (talking about the kids here). Cons: Prep area is on other side of room (not that big but when you have a pile of whatever in your hands, you want it close)

2) same place as cookie sheet storage in option A above. Pros: near sink, right near prep. I am constantly throwing things away while I prep/cook, so it would be nice to have it so close. Cons: literally would be where I stand when I prep, (though I will have room to shift over a bit if I need to) so I can foresee a lot of moving out of the way for myself and others; further from fridge.

Cabinet maker/designer really prefers DW stay where it is on left of sink because of a few house quirks we have. :-)

I will be fine with the cookie sheets in either place, I think, but obviously the placement of the trash will help determine this.

TIA for your opinions!

Comments (6)