SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snowang_gw

Help me w/Trash Pull-out Location...please!! (Buehl)

snowang
13 years ago

I asked a bunch of questions re. cabinet features a week ago and got so much great advice from the nice folks here, esp. Buehl. Now I debating exactly where I should put the trash pull-out cabinet. See kitchen layout below. The KD recommended two potential locations:

1. Left of main sink - instead of the B27, do a B18 for trash pull-out and B9 for try cabinet. This would be my ideal location for trash, but concern is B9 is going to be a headache when trying to find trays or cutting boards (I had one before and it was way too crowded). I guess I could do a pull out B9, but obviously that's an additional couple hundred dollars.

2. On the island - instead of the B48 and B24, have B18 (trash pull-out), B36 (maybe 3 drawers), and B18 (for 2nd sink) from left to right. I am not thrilled about the trash location since I'll have to turn around from the main sink, and if I keep it open for a while when standing at the sink, other people will hit too many obstacles if they want to go through that area. The pro is that I don't need to break up the B27 left of the sink, which will be more spacious for keeping trays and cutting boards, with the kind of dividers Buehl recommended from Walmart.

Maybe I already have this figured out. But would love to hear from you guys to confirm. By the way, if the KD marked B48 in the island, does it mean it's a double door cabinet or two single door ones?

Comments (5)