SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webe_gw

If you had to re-list would you do this?

webe
15 years ago

First of all, we are in central CT - a sub-burb of Hartford and a rural town, middle income.

Our closing is in the process of falling through so we may have to re-list this weekend - the deadline for buyer is Friday. In any event, one of the comments that continued to come up we had when we were showings we the floors needed to be re-finished(hardwood). They are not in bad/horrible shape but they really could be re-done. Since we are currently at in-laws and house is vacant due to orig. closing date was sched. for 5/25. I am considering having them re-done if I can get a decent price. The home is a 3 bed, 1 bath ranch and the hardwoods are in the living room, hall and three bedrooms.

Having been watching the market and knowing the comps in my neighborhood - there are 2 estates "as is", I do not want to over improve but want the house to be 'move in ready' for the next buyer and show better than the other two homes. Would you have the hardwoods done if it put you 'over' the competition? I should also add, we have lighter neutral newer paint and a re-modeled bathroom so those already reflect as a positive. The house does need windows soon and a roof in the next 5 years.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (12)