SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstx

Ikea Emmie Ruta Duvet - opinion?

10 years ago

I am totally in love with this room by James Farmer from the 2013 Atlanta Symphony Showhouse.

Link to the entire article here. I'm using it as the inspiration for my guest room.

The closest Ikea is 6 hours away. The duvet cover and shams can be shipped for $15, far less than it would cost me to drive to Ikea. Before I order online, I thought I would ask if anyone has seen the set in person. Is the fabric nice? Are the seams straight? It is certainly inexpensive but I worry that it might not look so great in person.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ikea Emmie Ruta duvet set

Comments (14)

• 10 years ago

My granddaughter has the Emmie Ruta duvet set in pink on her bed. The fabric is a good weight, has substance, and is well constructed. I would recommend it in a heartbeat. That is the pink. I can't speak for the tan.

• 10 years ago

When I have been to Ikea in the past, their bedding always makes an impression on me while browsing through their store. Especially for the price. I don't think you would be disappointed in your purchase if you were to order that duvet.

• 10 years ago

Good to hear positive things. I think I'll check their return policy and if it is reasonable, then I'll order the set.

• 10 years ago

Wow! I never thought of Ikea for duvet covers. At those prices, how could you go wrong?

• 10 years ago

I have a different ikea duvet cover (the Emmie Land) and I love it. When my dog chewed a hole in it, I bought a second one.

• 10 years ago

I once made a duvet cover. My sewing abilities are marginal. I thought I was being clever picking two different fabrics (both patterns in green), getting sale prices at Joann's. All that fabric took a lot of laying things out on the floor and wrestling with the weight of it. Not to mention my cats running interference.

I hated it. Both sides were ugly. These Ikea duvet covers are less expensive, no work, and a million times cuter.

• 10 years ago

If I needed a duvet, I would jump on that like a fly on a June bug. That is very pretty and it appears the reviews are great.

• 10 years ago

I have lots of IKEA duvet covers. At that price, it's not a major investment and they can be easily changed. They are actually just as nice and soft as PB, including the new linen duvet covers.

Only the super cheap covers are kind of rougher, but then so are some of the PB ones.

Another place with surprising quality for the price are H&M duvet covers, albeit a much smaller selection.

I used to make duvet covers from flat sheets before they became available in the US.

• 10 years ago

Done! Just ordered 2 twin sets. Estimated delivery is May 12. The wait begins.....

edited for grammar

This post was edited by bbstx on Fri, May 2, 14 at 21:05

• 10 years ago

I've been waiting for my Roche a bobois sectional and chair since early December - you'll survive!

• 10 years ago

bbstx,
    let us know how you like them --- and if possible, show us the guest room when it's done.

• 10 years ago

I move glacially so it will be a while before the room is ready to be seen. And I'll need that time to go hunting tortoise shells, horns, and other oddities .

Just kidding about the oddities. I have no idea where to buy tortoise shells and such. I saw a reproduction one on Z Gallerie but it was bright gold. I don't think that will fit with my theme.

I'll be using bird prints and mirrors I already have, although I'd really like to find a couple of sets of horns.

Wow! SJ, an Ikea duvet can't hold a candle to a Roche Bobois piece! I know you must be on pins and needles waiting for it to come in.

• 10 years ago

Here's a small tortoise shell to start you off :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Target tortoise shell box

• 10 years ago

Would never have thought to look at Target for tortoise shells!