SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fishymom

Cookware opinions/suggestions please

fishymom
10 years ago

My daughter is in her first college apartment this year. She moved in with an existing group of girls, so the kitchen was already equipped. She is keeping the apartment next year and bringing in a group of girls from the dorms. They are dividing up what needs to be purchased and my daughter is responsible for the cookware. She currently cooks almost every day and is looking forward to cooking more next year, since all the girls are athletes, swimmers and rowers, and have similar eating habits. As far as her cooking skills, she is a beginner, but enjoys cooking quite a bit. She mostly sautes fresh vegetables and sears meats, finishing in the oven. I bought her a 7 cup Cuisinart Food Processor (great deal on closeout) that we will give her for her birthday this summer, so that will save her some time..

We want to get her some decent cookware to add to the 1 quart Tramontina TriPly Clad SS saucepan and 12" Tramontina TriPly Clad SS pan that I will give her from my collection. And we have already bought her an 8" ceramic non-stick pan because the Teflon pans they had in the apartment were flaking. I am considering getting her a couple of pieces to fill in around those, the Calphalon Contemporary 2 quart Chef's Pan and the 10" Everyday Pan. Does anyone have experience with the Calphalon Contemporary line? These pieces will be about $40 each when they are on sale, are there any other lines that would be comparable in quality and price that I should look at also? Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Calphalon Contemporary 2 quart Chef's Pan

Comments (14)