SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janjan212

My Guest Room, Opinions & Suggestions PLEASE!

janjan212
14 years ago

Hi everyone. We recently moved into a larger home and most of it sits empty. I need to save up for furniture. I can't wait to get started on SOMETHING though and found a couple of things I could afford on CL for a small room we'll use as a guest room. The former owners painted it a neonish green (it was a 3yr old's room) & it has white beadboard wainscoting around the room, less than half way up the wall. The room is pretty small, 10x11 I believe. As you walk in, there is a window on the back wall and a closet to the right. Tannish speckled carpet on the floor.

Here is my plan so far, but very open to suggestions:

Painting the walls above the beadboard BM Baby Turtle (suggestions, thoughts?) I love Baby Turtle in the pics I've seen and I want a warm feel to the room.

I bought a cream colored upholstered headboard, with a simple 3 button design, queen size. I know it will fill the room, but I want the space to be practical for couples. I plan to place it in front of the window.

I also bought 2 cheap wood nightstands that I plan to paint, not sure what color (suggestions please). Between the headboard and the nightstands, it pretty much covers the 10' wall. I planned to get drapery panels for each side, floor length in an olive or bronzey color, to bring out the green tint to the baby turtle. (again, suggestions opinions welcome)

I also have a cheap pine dresser that I can paint or instead, maybe look for a small desk or secretary with a couple drawers in it to serve dual purpose. This room will probably not be used often so we won't have a lot of needless things in it. Add a pics on the wall, mybe a mirror...oh, and since there is a cable hookup I will probably eventually get an inexpensive flat screen (no bigger than 19") too.

Anyway, I have zero talent in the decoration department, so I can use all the advise/suggestions you can offer, even if it's totally differnt than what I stated above. I thought a little about yellow for the walls too since I bought some floral wall art for a yellow room when we staged our house for sale last year. It's sitting waiting for me to use or sell on CL.

Comments (29)