SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

Quilts of Valor - Notice of Request

K8Orlando
11 years ago

I received the following email message from the Quilts of Valor group. They are in need of quilts so if any of you have any red/white/blue fabrics laying around that you don't know what to do with, here's a great opportunity. They are requesting quilts in those colors at this time, but any design will do. Simple and fast works just as well as traditional and detailed. This is about the soldiers and their families, not about the war so it's not a political organization.

If you have questions, you can get all the information you need from their website. www.qovf.org

Kate

Here's the email:

More Wounded Means More QOVs Needed

This is an urgent message to all!

June Moore

Executive Director

QOVF

Afghanistan-NO, the war is not over!

Just a heads up that the fighting in Afghanistan is very fierce right now leading to a substantial increase in the number of wounded. As such, the number of quilts requested by the standing weekly destinations has increased from 65 to 105 EVERY WEEK in just the last month. The increase by 40 quilts a week includes the addition of the ICU unit at Landstahl in Germany (15 quilts a week), the addition of the medical unit at FOB Shank-East in Afghanistan (20 quilts a week) and doubling the number of quilts going to the multinational medical unit at Kandahar Air Field in Afghanistan (to 10 a week). These quilts all go to front line wounded service members. There is no concern about whether they have already received a QOV or not.

Sadly, we will fall far short of meeting this need since the 65 quilts a week wasn't even being fulfilled. These destinations request patriotic/RWB (red/white/blue) only. I'm not asking for a debate here about RWB vs generic/branch specific/feminine. I'm just telling you what the Points of Contact have requested.

If you would like to help meet this need, please request a destination at http://www.qovf.org/req-destination.html.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor