SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacylea23

Leaky Hot Tub

stacylea23
15 years ago

My husband and I had a inground pool put in this summer. Before doing so, we moved our hot tub back about 8-10 feet on the patio...closer to the house/away from the pool. As any of you who have moved a hot tub know...this was no easy task! We drained it...and after several attempts to move it, with it refusing to budge, using pry bars we raised the tub enough to place pipes 1/2 inch diameter pipes under it on both sides and rolled it on them to its new location. We decided to hook it up/fill it again this weekend and it seems to have a slow leak. We filled it two days ago and the concrete patio beneath it is wet...with a trail of water extending down the patio (as it slopes of course) about 5-6 feet in length. The water level appears to have dropped about 1/2 inch in two days. It bears mentioning that the top may need to be replaced due to the fact that it does collect/hold water accumulated from both steam from the hot tub and from rain water. We've checked for drips and small streams of water to try to determine if it is the top...but we've found nothing conclusive.

We removed the front panel of the hot tub exposing the motor/wiring, etc. Everything appears to be dry...but the plumbing portion is covered with foam/spray insulation which limits our abilty to investigate further. The insulation appears to be intact and dry. We've removed to of the other three sides and find only dry insulation and one black widow spider! :)

It is possible that I filled the tub a bit higher than I have done before...but not really high enough to be an issue (still beneath the head rest pillows).

I'd appreciate any feedback/suggestion any of you might be able to offer.

By the way...it's a Cal-spa, 6 person hot tub that holds approximately 500 gallons water. We have had the tub for about 4 1/2 years. No problems at all until now.

Thanks in advance for anything you can offer!

Happy New Year to you all! Hang in there...it will be pool time before we know it!

Stacy

Comments (3)