SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joanneswimsct

Your thoughts; year-round pool in CT neighborhood

joanneswimsct
16 years ago

Hi!

I am new to this section of the forum but have been 'living' at the pool and spa forum... I am looking for your input on a sticky situation: we plan on building an inground pool and enclose it using a telescoping pool surround to provide us w/ year-round swimming. Our septic system does not allow us to tuck the project behind the house so we'd need to build 'out in the open'. We have 1 acre of land in an established neighborhood; house built in mid 60's. We have a 60' high Hemlock tree line that separates us from both our back neighbor and our neighbor to the right. The pool project will be closer to the neighbor to our left where the tree line currently stops before said project will start. We have already decided to install either a privacy hedge w/ an inexpensive fence 'embedded' in the trees for camoflage or a solid vinyl fence for privacy from the neighbors to the left. All of our neighbors are in an uproar and we are shocked. W/o even looking at the proposed enclosure they have decided it's an 'ugly monstrosity' that will devalue properties in the neighborhood. What bothers us most is the ringleader of the neighborhood is a real estate agent who has lied to the other neighbors about the enclosure. He told everyone that it will be a 40 foot high corrugated steel building w/ outhouses for the bathrooms! Because he is a real estate agent everyone believes him! No one is willing to even look at the brochure; their minds are made up. They are insisting we cease and desist or else they will make our lives miserable. Can I ask a favor? Please take the time to look at the enclosures at www.libart.com and tell me what you think. The proposed structure is 34'x54' and 10' high at it's peak. It will be clear polycarbonate. We have 1 acre of land as do our neighbors and our home is worth approx $525K as are the neighbor's. We take pride in our home and would not be doing this project if we felt it was ugly...

Sorry for the long post but it's a long tale of woe and I thought I'd get some interesting feedback. Maybe I'm wrong and it IS ugly; what do you all think??

Thanks!!

joanneswimsct

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County