SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scal_gw

2 Speed Pump operation with Jandy Controller

scal
16 years ago

Hi,

I have a Jandy Computer controlling a 2 speed pump. I was able to manually start/stop the pump in either of the speeds. However, I had to turn the higher speed off manually to start the pump in lower speed and Vice-versa. The Jandy RS6 Onetouch manual says that I should be able to toggle between the speeds without having to turn the pump off in between. I talked to the PB who installed my equipment. He installed a 2 speed Jandy relay. Now, I can only start the pump in high speed and selecting the low speed toggles it. However, I cannot toggle back to high speed without turning the pump off completely. The same beavior is exhibited from the the RS6 controller mounted outside (In service mode).

Is the equipment hooked up correctly? Starting the pump always in high speed sounds like a good idea butI should be able to toggle from low speed to high as well as I would like to run the pump at high speed during the peak sunlight hours when the Solar Panels can also do their job and switch to low speed in the morning and late afternoon.

Thanks

--Scal

Comments (9)