SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
big_tex_gw

Intelliflow with Jandy Control??? Possible? Have Other Issues..

big_tex
16 years ago

Ok you super pool gurus...you got me. I'm sold on this Intelliflow pump after reading all your informative posts. I'm still not sure if I should go for the 3.2 or try the 4x160. My decision will be based on the IntelliflowÂs integration or lack there of with the Jandy Aqualink RS system. I really like the RS; I'm buying a Jandy LXI heater, want a water proof remote (Jandy PDA) and have had success with Jandy in the past. Stuck on JandyÂ

I'd be buying all Jandy if it wasn't for you all star super pool nerds who know so many wonderful things about pools and pool equipment.

Back to my dilemma. I want to be able to control the RPM of my Intelliflow with my Jandy control. I figure the Jandy can turn it on and off but can it say 500 RPM, 1000 RPM, run this program, run that program, etc... How would one integrate an Intelliflow into a Jandy system? Is it even possible? Can it even turn it on and off? Heck I'd be happy if I could get access to two speeds on the 4x160 from my Jandy controller.

Please let me know. I will say the "wild card" here is I'm willing to consider the Intellitouch system. Issues are I'm not familiar with the Intellitouch interface, I don't think it's integrated with my Jandy valves and Jandy LXI heater, NO Waterproof handheld remote (big issue) and I think it might be more expensive. Ahhh...the big debate...would having Intellitouch offset electricity bills and pay for itself????

Please help me find a way to make Jandy work with Intelliflow, if all else fails I'm willing to consider the Intellitouch. If someone is familiar with Intellitouch I'd like to learn a little more about the product. It looks a little dated.

Here's my dream system:

Jandy PDA and RS One Touch (need the One touch to connect to my Control 4 home automation system which I love - interestingly enough Pentair ntelli is also supported by C4)

Jandy Valves

Jandy LXI heater (400k Btu) (Is the Pentair heater any good?)

Hayward Phantom Cleaner (Is this a bad idea, should I stick with the Polaris 280)

Booster pump for the cleaner

Intelliflow 3.2k pump

.75 pump for the water accents (could be replaced if I could integrate Intelliflow in Jandy and go with a bigger Intelliflow)

Pool is roughly 40x20, 28,000 gallons.

Thanks in advance for ALL the help and advice!!!!

Big Tex!!!!

Comments (8)