SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
summersucks_gw

writersblock and other design gurus. How would you design rop

summersucks
14 years ago

my tiny kitchen?

I thought we had our plan figured out but writersblock kindly pointed out that out design is not a good one, so I thought I'd ask for some advice here.

here's that thread for reference

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg042053062985.html

Our plan was to get a dual fuel range, and put it on the wall that the dishwasher is currently on (see bright cutting boards), next to the fridge (fridge is to the right of the dw). The wall behind it is the other side of the duplex so we can only vent out the glass block side which is the only exterior wall. the joists run parallel to the external wall. If we stick to this plan, it means we have only 6" on either side of the range. We want a 36" hood and were told to get an undercabinet one, so that we can later hide the duct work with upper cabinets. Problem is the cabinets will have to be 3"-36"-3" and I planned to get ikea cabinets, but can't find anything suitable for that space. We plan on replacing the fridge with a tall counter depth 30" model.

We currently have an electric jennair with a centre downdraft. Hate the downraft, it does not work well enough for our needs, so we need proper ventilation. We are not willing to block the 'window' into the dining room, or the glass blocks (those are the only natural light in the room)

So, how would you plan this kitchen? Please keep in mind we can't afford to have a kitchen remodelling place just come in and do it all for us at once. It's a bit-by-bit process, and I was going to start with the gas and ventilation and stove installation but wanted to get an idea of what my choices were for the next steps.

pics:

Comments (14)