SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gorilla_x

What do you make of this PB's Comments

gorilla_x
16 years ago

Central FL here... I'll just call them PB A and PB B (BIG pool builders, both have been commented on here in the past, and always positive if I recall correctly).

Background:

- PB A allows us to out source decking and coping, while PB B does not (with PB A, we'll save about 4,600)

- PB A has better prices, in general, for options (another $1000 savings)

- PB B once told us that he would not match PB A's price because he does not respect them (i.e. they are not in the same league)

- PB A never had a bad thing to say about PB B

- PB B has lots of negative comments sbout PB A (e.g. they are not paying their subs, top sales staff left recently)

- PB B is always pushing his Top Quality compared to other PBs... for example, his electricians are top notch, hence they deserve the $15/foot for wiring from perwe terminal to equipment (for every foot over 40')

- Told PB B that we were leaning toward PB A... now all of a sudden PB B is willing to meet PB A's price

I've talked to one of the subs for PB A already, and so far, so good. I'll make more calls to subs for both PB A and PB B.

In any event, all the negatives from PB B does not sit well with me... seems almost like a desperate attempt to get my business. What do you all think??

-Gorilla

Comments (9)