SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
waltbsc

1 panel, 2 panel, valance, solid, pattern....ugh.

waltbsc
13 years ago

So it's time to start researching window treatments and I'm clueless. We are usually drawn to geometric patterns but I'm thinking we need to go with a solid color and jazz it up a bit with pillows and art..the wife doesn't have an opinion at this time, go figure.

My first issue is the panels sticking out too much and blocking my view of the TV. Heck, I already gave up the prime seating area and I've learned to like my little corner but I have to stand my ground..I think the panel can come out about 2.5" so it's not impossible.

Second issue, how many panels, or should we go with a valance? In our old house we had two windows flanking our bed and the wife put one panel on each window and I hated it..I can see that idea being mentioned again. Since the windows are closer together maybe it won't be that bad. All the panels I've seen are 50" wide so having 100" of fabric on a 30" window may be a little much so that's why I'm here.

Any idea's with color or pattern? We only have one piece of art (pictured) and the artist is working on something for our fireplace..We purchased the pillows today and we're not sure if they're staying.

Enough rambling for now!

Comments (35)