SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieste

Close-up photos of your marble & soapstone edges

julieste
11 years ago

My fabricator does a standard 1/8" radius which I believe is referred to here as an eased edge; anything else is an upcharge. And, I am pretty much getting the line from the fabricator that since soapstone is a softer stone, this is the preferred edge so nicks and chips won't happen. But, I am getting the Green Mountain original PA which I understand is a harder variety. They are planning to make the corners quite round for me though. I am willing to pay more for the upgraded edging if it really makes a distinct difference in the overall look and feel of the kitchen.

I know I don't want anything fancy like an ogee, but I am debating whether this standard edge is too sharp and crisp (and perhaps contemporary)for my kitchen--100 year old house with feel and flavor of a 1920s or 1930s kitchen but not an attempt at a replication.

One set of counters will be marble and the other side of the room (the one with the really heavy duty use by the range and sink) will be soapstone. Do you have any close-up photos of your marble or soapstone counter edges? Do you remember what you chose for edging? Can you make any comments on what you like or dislike about the edge? Thanks.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz