SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diginthedirt17

Wilsonart Oiled Soapstone - edging and backsplash help please!!

diginthedirt17
14 years ago

Hello,

We're updating our small kitchen with a mini-cosmetic makeover - namely paint and new countertops.

I'd like to get the Wilsonsart Oiled Soapstone countertops but could use your advice on a few things:

Integrated backsplash or no backsplash? The cost to have no backsplash is significantly more...is it worth it to achiever the look?

Secondly, the only edges offered without the backsplash are beveled (don't like) and self (standard looking counter, not rounded). Is that dated?

We have an L-shaped kitchen with a small center island. The island has black beadboard on it and we're going to top it with a butcherblock. I'd like to add off-white subway tiles too. We have oak floors and ugly builder grade oak cabs with nickel hardware.

The kids are getting off the bus...I'll add a picture in a little while! Thanks for any advice you have about the edges and backsplash.

*****does anyone have a photo of these counters or similar (Basalt Slate?) with oak cabinets? They all seem to be used with white/cream cabinets. :)

Comments (5)