SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blackeyedpeas

DIY soapstone pics + need backsplash help

blackeyedpeas
16 years ago

I'm starting a new thread because this time I need help with suggestions for a backsplash. I am totally stuck with what I want back there, HELP! Just for background I'll let you know that the walls are a creamy yellowish color, floors are travertine, cabinets are dark mahogony stain, appliances are stainless steel and accent colors are a darker apple green. The wall color has to stay because the kitchen is open to the greatroom and it's all painted the same. As much as I like the accent color I don't want to be tied to it for life so I don't want to incorporate it into the backsplash. Also I wanted to let ya'll know that I have decided to use a simple arc pull to mimic the appliance handles, thanks to everybody who helped with that decision!

So Saturday we DIY'ed the sink countertop and one side of the stove area, it was fun, messy, heavy and stressful all at the same time. I managed to put a HUGE ding in the edge before we were done(I was sick to my stomach!! and thought DH was going to kill me) but sandpaper took care of it. After it was done I decided that I would have liked the front edge of the sink at the same radius as the back of the sink but DH prefers more angular lines and had already made the executive decision to 45 the corners of the stone. You'll see what I mean in the pictures.

The seam to the right of the sink still needs to be sanded and oiled but DH let me oil the rest so I could see what it looked like. I LOVE it, he did a fabulous job IMO.

This is the counter to the left of the stove

Thanks for looking, Lisette

Comments (21)