SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hobokenkitchen

MIL's House Won't Sell - Handyman in Norfolk, Va?

hobokenkitchen
17 years ago

Hi all,

I am an agent in New Jersey and my MIL's house in Norfolk VA won't sell.

It's actually a great house and has a lot going for it, but it does need some updating inside.

Really it could use a coat of paint (she did it, but I believe she painted the same colors as before which means it's fresh, but still looks dated).

I also want to help with some work in the kitchen - painting cabinets, changing out hardware and putting down new sheet vinyl or tile on the floor and possibly granite tiles on the countertop.

Does anyone know of a reliable, inexpensive handyman in the Norfolk VA area who could help with some of these jobs?

MIL is a little overwhelmed I think, but she has been on the market for a long time with no offers despite several price reductions.

Also, I know that as an agent myself, I am probably biased towards my own work, but I don't like many of the pictures that are on the website - my primary issue is with the outside picture.

Here is what the agent is using:

{{!gwi}}

and here is the picture I took and think she should be using, but which the agent doesn't like as much:

{{!gwi}}

As a buyer, could you tell me if the front picture would make a diffence in whether you would view the house? The inside pics won't draw too many buyers in - the house is vacant and it's tough to photograph this house empty. Please vote for outside pic A or B.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments (24)