SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
easystitches

My quilting ADHD

easystitches
13 years ago

Please help!

I'm seriously dealing with an increasing Attention Deficit Disorder problem with my quilting.

It didn't used to bother me much as I would tell myself that I would get to all my projects someday. Now I'm beginning to wonder as I get older if I really will?

I'm gunna have to live an awful long time now!

About a yr ago some friends & I started a group specifically to create quilts using our stash only. That's all good & well, but now I have 4 more unfinished projects.

I'm almost glad that "Simply Quilts" is gone (not really) because I wanted to do every quilt that was on!

But I continue to see quilts on line & in shops that I feel compelled to start.

I do have these same issues in other parts of my life & it does seem to be worsening but I'm afraid to mention it to a health care professional since the drugs used for this are getting so much play right now for their abuse & I also worry that they may interfere with sleep which has been as issue in the past & I'm not having sleeping issues anymore.

You guys probably think I'm crazy but I'd love some feedback & suggestions if you have any?

I know it should be a matter of self control but that sounds good but isn't working.....

(don't kick me off the Quilting forum, OK?)

Jill

Comments (20)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor