SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
randita_gw

Good kitchen green paint color for house sale photos?

randita
15 years ago

I am painting my kitchen as part of house sale prep (have a lot to do to sell in a couple of years-kitchen is next step).

I would like to go with green as I think it is the most complimentary of my honey color (light stain) cherry cabs (I have a LOT of cabs). The counter top is a neutral beige flecked laminate that is supposed to simulate Corian. The room gets a lot of natural light. The trim is painted white and there is a chair rail. House style is Colonial, so the kitchen is its own room but it's large - about 13'x 25'. At present I have neutral wallpaper with a floral ceiling border (very dated looking, but popular back when I did it).

I have read realtor's comments that some greens do not photograph well for marketing pictures--I've read that some greens look "pukey". They say that golden or caramelly tans photograph very well, but the whole rest of my downstairs is tan (SW Latte strip) so I'd like something different for the kitchen.

Any recommendations for a green that does photograph well? I use SW paints. Greens I like are Svelte Sage, Clary Sage, Koi Pond, Garden Sage and Bamboo Shoot. But I don't know which of those would photograph the best.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Comments (8)