SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lydia1959

Project Idea for Above Bed - Need Ideas (pic)

lydia1959
15 years ago

I just ordered the black/white toile comforter set for my bedroom because we are so overdo for a change. We have very light purple walls and carpet and hopefully soon will have some new bedroom furniture (probably will get a iron headboard).

Anyhow, I've got a large picture and a couple candle sconces above the queen-sized bed right now and it fills the space fairly well. I think the vaulted ceilings pose a problem cause I've tried other things hanging there and they just look too small (even though they are quite large). I figure it'd be easier to make something since I'm into the trash to treasure stuff. Maybe a big black and white wooden sign that says something in French? Nothing too complex or expensive. The set of 3 pictures in the photo I posted don't look bad either, so something along that line could work. I want a French Country/shabby look.

Here is the set I bought:

{{!gwi}}

I also bought the little throw pillow and already have a black/white toile lampshade.

I didn't throw this by DH, I figure he'll be happy to get rid of the white chenille and fru-fru pillows we have on the bed now. He almost always ends up liking what I do anyhow. Would you have asked your DH first or do you just go for it?

IF anyone is interested, I ordered this from JCPenney $99. down from $199 (comforter, 2 shams, bedskirt, matching quilt). Comes in a lot of other patterns too, not just the Toile. Plus I used the 20% off code WKIT842 which saved me what I would have spent in shipping and tax. I'll post the link if anyone wants to see it.

Thanks for any input!

Comments (14)