SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tomkirkcis

massachusetts pool designer

tomkirkcis
15 years ago

I am new to this board. I have an extremely unique pool under construction. My intent was to create a patio adjacent to our house, which is on a sloped lot overlooking a lake. I ntended to retain the patio with a 10 ft tall poured concrete retaining wall, install a patio made of large stone schist stones and install a fiberglass pool. The soil was clay with no drainage. I decied to excavate the clay out. I found bedrock down about 4 feet. I ended up cleaning the bedrock and it is beuatiful. It is veined granite, with no fissures. It is art like. I decided it would be a crime to cover the bedrock. I decided to pour steel reinforced concrete walls directly on the bedrock in a free formed shape directly on the granite, and veneer the concrete with stone to create a very natural looking pool with a natural solid stone floor and wall on one side. I have designed in an infinity edge toward the lake, and we are building a natural style brook to act as the water return to the pool.

I am looking for a pool contractor familiar with infinity pool pump systems to help design and install the mechanicals, lights and controls. I am located about 100 miles west of Boston. thanks tom

Comments (4)