SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20102524

Help pick a faucet for a small galley kitchen

User
10 years ago

I've been on this forum for a hundred years and now that I'm finally just 2 weeks out from demo, I'm panicking about all the last minute decisions. We have a small kitchen awkwardly located in the middle of our home; after too much deliberation, we're spending a bunch for functional improvements but it will still be small and awkwardly located!

The sink will be under a window but not centered - a functional trade-off that I insisted on but am now a bit nervous about. I'll have a 30" Kraus undermount; cabinets will be a Shaker painted taupe color (Diamond cabinets in Portobello paint), counters will Silestone Blanco Yukon (very plain off-white), backsplash will be something quiet (subways, maybe marble?) and appliances are SS. I'm tempted to stick with the "weathered nickel" Amerock hardware that I currently have.

Because the kitchen is so small I want a minimalist faucet - something with a pullout spray that you don't need to press to operate. All the faucets I see seem really bulbous and thick as a garden hose. I feel like they will look ridiculous in my kitchen. I'd like to stay under $500; lower is better. I like the simple, streamlined look of the KWC Sin or Elkay Harmony, but both are above my price range in stainless. After staring at every faucet on the internet I'm considering the Kohler Purist although I worry it looks too modern. Any other ideas?

Sorry to write a book here, but this seems like a big decision and one that's hard to test - my local Fergusons didn't have most of the models I liked on screen, and you really can't see how they function. (It didn't help I had my 5yo with me who was insisting on testing all the bathtub displays.) My kitchen will be visible from the front door, so I don't want to regret whatever I pick. Thanks!

Comments (13)