SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scraphappy_gw

Some things I've recently done

scraphappy
16 years ago

I was motivated by mary c's Quilts of Valor that we recently made blocks for - to just make a few tops myself. They were sent to a longarm quilter, then I put bindings on, labels, made presentation bags for them (pillowcases) and they are presently on their way to a military hospital. I hope a few more of us feel inclined to do this - it gives you such a good feeling!! So, here's my two latest:

I also earlier this year signed up for a challenge project our guild was having. Deadline for this was end of March, and these were exhibited at the April meeting, and judged, then will hang in libraries in our city. The challenge was: create a quilt that would please one of your favorite literary characters - and we were to use at least a 2" square of a featured fabric - a wild geometric colorful print. I chose Mary Poppins, and called it "Mary Poppins' Dream" - ("For many years Mary was expected to use a plain black umbrella to reflect her dignified responsible status as a nanny. She so longed for some gaiety and beauty in her life. In her dreams, visions of colorful, playful umbrellas filled the sky, floating majestically to the ground.") - I didn't win, but I hear the judges liked my idea, and I had loads of fun making this!

Comments (24)