SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygal1

A few 'toys' I've bot recently

luckygal
13 years ago

Not sure if I should re-introduce myself or not! ;-D We've been so busy gardening that not much is getting done in the house and not a tablescape in sight here! However we took off south a few hundred miles for 6 days so got in some 'quality' yardsaling in a city one Saturday. Camped near a lake and enjoyed ourselves. Also bot lots more plants so have been even busier getting them planted!

I finally took a few pics of some of my recent finds before I put them away. Lots of dishes to play with in tablescapes and vignettes when gardening season is over.

Here's a teaset I couldn't resist that cost $5. It's in really good condition except the sugar bowl is missing it's lid and there's no creamer. I forgot to put the sugar bowl in the pic but it will make a cute little vase.

{{gwi:1428172}}

Close-up of teapot.

{{gwi:1428173}}

Large set of dishes I bot for mosaics - cost $3. When I washed and sorted it I found quite a few pieces in good condition and I'll use those for 'scapes and might even use them for a dinner for 4 at Christmas. The stack on the right are the good ones. There are actually 3 different, but similar, patterns in the reject stack.

{{gwi:1428174}}

Plate from Portugal I couldn't resist at only 25 cents!

{{gwi:1428175}}

Three collector plates with Paris scenes were $2 each.

{{gwi:1428176}}

I had most of those dishes on my sideboard so after I put them away I did a quick summer/beach vignette with some of my shells and glass fishing floats. Almost all these things were yard sale finds some time ago. The one most expensive item is the oil painting which cost $20 with the frame. It usually hangs with about 10 other paintings on my stairway wall but I kind of like it here for awhile. I know the 2 largest shells were $5 each as was the silver tray. Everything else was much less.

{{gwi:1428177}}

As much as I love this summer weather I won't mind when fall comes and I can stay in and do tablescapes and vignettes again. My mantle still has it's post-Easter decor! Can you imagine!!! Haven't done anything but dust it since April and I usually change it about weekly!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions