SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
curlysue_gw

I need a hug, a tissue, and some chocolate

curlysue
15 years ago

My baby just turned 18 the 10th of May. She will graduate from high school this Sunday afternoon. She will start college in August. A college that is 1 1/2 hours away (seems like farther) Today is the last day of school and I am just so sad. Between us-me and SO have 5 kids, so this is all I have ever done and all I have ever wanted to do, just be with our kids. Now the baby is going off to start a whole new exciting life and I just don't know what I will do with myself. I still work full time and I help take care of my mother who is still in great health but she never learned to drive so she does need someone to do all of her running and such, and I do have a few outside interests, but I still feel very lost and at loose ends right now. I know everything will be fine, but today it isn't. I am so very proud of our kids and proud that we raised them so that they are the type of people who can go out and take the world on. I'm just sad today, I guess because a chapter of the best book ever is over, and I wasn't ready for it to end. Thanks for listening. Please pass the chocolate

Comments (22)