SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nasalzak

Really need suggestions for gray/blue bedroom colors HELP!!!

nasalzak
14 years ago

Hello all,

I come here from time to time and you folks are always so helpful.

I'm in the process of painting my bedroom. We went with dark colors last time and sorely regretted it. I didn't have the heart to redo it, but since it has been 2 years, I think we can justify a 200 dollar paint job.

My room is dark; it doesn't get much light at all. It has one window, facing north and the fence kind of blocks it (city condo). Painting it dark green was NOT A good idea. Buying ceiling fan with canned lights was even worse. Buying dark green curtains--another bad idea.

I want to go with lighter colors, but I don't want anything that looks pastel-ish or like a baby's room. Gray can be so tricky. I don't want a dungeon like room, but gray can look sophisticated.

My furniture is black, so I am also weary of doing a black and gray room. It could be a disaster. I kind of want to incorporate some blue, but I don't know.

Do you all know of any websites that would be helpful where I could view tons and tons of rooms? I would really appreciate it. Any suggestions for gray/blue rooms?

Thanks!

Comments (11)