SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_ont

Question about hearing baby's heartbeat.....

nicole_ont
15 years ago

I'm 15 weeks pregnant now. I went for a prenatal appointment at 11 weeks, and the doctor tried for a heartbeat, but couldn't find one. He said that we'd definitely hear it at the next appointment. I had that next appointment last week when I was 14 weeks, and he still couldn't find the heartbeat. I was worried, but he said that with someone carrying excess belly weight, it makes it hard to find the heartbeat this early. He didn't feel it was nescessary to schedule me for an ultrasound or anything. When I go back on the 27th, he's going to give me a requisition for the regular ultrasound.

Now I'm crazy paranoid. I keep thinking my belly's not growing (although I am overweight which makes it hard to tell). I lie down and poke at my belly to see if I can find my uterus but I can't. And I'm not feeling any movement. (I know it's early, but I was feeling Ben move at 15 weeks). I still have pregnancy symptoms - fatigue, nausea and vomiting, sore boobs...., but I've read that with a missed miscarriage you can still have symptoms and even a positive pregnancy test if the placenta is still releasing hormones.

Does 14 weeks seem late to you to not be able to find a heartbeat?

Comments (15)