SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mudworm_gw

36' cooktop over 30' oven, what to do with remaining 6'?

mudworm
13 years ago

Our cabinet line does not come with a 36" cooktop/oven base cabinet, so we will basically leave a 36" hole and do something creative with it to accommodate a 36" cooktop and a 30" oven. My question for you creative folks is what would you do with that 6"?

It probably looks too weird to have a 6" filler on one side and the 30" on the other. Unless I'm convinced the other way, I'll go with the conservative symmetry -- 3" on each side. I guess we could just put a 3" filler and forget about it, but I feel that 3" is 3" is 3" and hate to waste that space.

Thought #1: Make two 3" narrow doors and install hinges so the doors can be opened side ways. I'll just used the narrow slots behind the doors for baking sheets.

Thought #2: Get two 3" filler pullouts for oil and spices like this RAS 3" base filler pullout, but I won't be able to install the top slide since I have the cooktop on top -- so that won't work. I suppose I should build a shelf between the cooktop and the oven, so I can shorten the pullout and mount the slide to the shelf. Somehow, I'm not sure if the dwarfed pullouts can justify the price (2x$158). BTW, if I don't get these two 3" pullout, I WILL have a full height 9" base pullout right next to the cooktop.

What would you do?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH